By Scott Mueller
This can be the book model of the print identify. entry to the media records chanced on at the DVD integrated with print variants incorporated with Upgrading and Repairing computers, 21 variation, is accessible via product registration—see directions in again pages of your eBook.
For 25 years, Upgrading and Repairing desktops has been the world’s number 1 consultant to notebook undefined: the one resource for trustworthy info on troubleshooting and solving difficulties, including undefined, optimizing functionality, and construction new computers. Now, larger than ever, this twenty first variation deals beefed-up insurance of the latest thoughts and upkeep recommendations, plus greater than hours of recent DVD video.
Scott Mueller promises useful solutions approximately computing device processors, mother-boards, buses, BIOSes, reminiscence, SSD and HDD garage, video, audio, I/O, enter units, networks, web connectivity, strength, and lots more and plenty extra. You’ll locate the industry’s most sensible insurance of diagnostics, trying out, and repair—plus state of the art discussions of enhancing functionality through overclocking and different techniques.
NEW during this EDITION
• the latest processors, together with Intel’s third iteration Ivy Bridge center i-Series processors and AMD’s second iteration Trinity CPUs
• 3TB (and greater) disks, 4K sectoring, partition alignment, swifter SATA disk interfaces, and SSD (solid country force) harddisk replacements
• New firmware techniques, from complete UEFI BIOS aid to integrated motherboard flash BIOS improve utilities
• built-in video and audio, together with 5.1/7.1 encompass sound, HDMI, and DisplayPort connections, and home windows eight suitable multi-touch touchscreen technology
• up-to-date PCI exhibit 3.0, 4.0 interfaces, and tool offer requirements for powering high-end video cards
• rising interfaces akin to SATA show, USB 3.0, and Thunderbolt
• up-to-date insurance of establishing desktops from scratch—from deciding on and assembling via BIOS setup and troubleshooting